Dec 10, 2011

DIY Burlap Pennant Banner | a tutorial | Party Decor

burlap banner

This is probably the easiest and fastest (yet cutest) birthday banner you could whip up. It took less than an hour. It’s super simple. So if you’re a last minute gal like myself.. here ya go.

Supplies:

    • Burlap
    • Paper Letter Stickers (or just letters cut out of cardstock)
    • Hemp Twine
    • Mini Clothespin
    • Sewing machine (and it’s normal supplies)

138-1

 

Let’s craft!

Start by making a pennant template. I did this by folding, and refolding, a piece of plain paper into a triangle, until I got the shape I wanted. Then trace the pennant onto the burlap. One pennant for each letter.

stickerss

Peel off the backing to each letter and stick in the middle of pennant, then just sew a straight stitch to secure. If you don’t have stickers, you can use stencils and pretty cardstock to make your letters, then just hold in place until secured with the sewing machine.
(I have no idea where these sticker letters came from, they were part of an amazing baby shower gift I received while pregnant with Adelyn. But they are A.W.E.S.O.M.E! They’re like sticky- note letters. hah.)

133_picnik

278_picnik

That’s it.  No measuring, no complications.

h

Then, using the mini clothespins, just pin them onto your twine, and hang. I laid the pennants out and measured the twine that way, to make sure I didn’t cut it too short.

002

142

I love it. So simple, but it looks so pretty. You’ll surely get some compliments. I think I might just have to make another one that says Merry Christmas, then another that says Happy New Year… and so on and so on. HAH.

This banner + a bag of balloons is basically all we needed for Stone’s 1st birthday.

# kristanlynn
xoxo  

bloglovin