Dec 29, 2011

Oversized Cowl | the pattern

Cowls are all the new rage. Huh?

I received an overwhelming response to this one I made from my last post. Ya’ll wanted to know how I made it. So here ya go. It’s super easy!!!

photo (4) photo(14)

Material:

    • 2-3 skeins of super bulky yarn. I used almost 3 of Lion Brand Aspen Tweed
    • N hook

Directions.
Please note. While I’ve crocheted for years, I still consider myself a newbie and do not write patterns. So please be kind. hah.

photo(3)  photo (3)

Chain 56 + 4. Turn
Skip the first 3 chains. Work a puff stitch into the fourth chain. Then into every other chain. When you get to the end of row, Ch 3, turn and repeat until you get the height you like. I did 13 rows.

Use a slip stitch to connect the ends, turning it into a cowl.
Weave in ends and you’re DONE!

I  searched for a good video to show you and finally found one of this stitch being done here. It’s very helpful to those just starting out in crochet. If my directions don’t make sense, they should when you watch that video.

Enjoy. Wishing you all nothing short of the best for 2012!!!

# kristanlynn
xoxo  

Note that Chain is hyperlinked. That is a great video tutorial on how to get started crocheting. It really is easy as pie.