Oct 28, 2011

Peanut Mallow Clusters | recipe

Growing up, we had a neighbor who would bring us this huge concoction of homemade goodies every December. It is what I looked forward to all year. I mean, this was the jackpot of jackpots of homemade goodness! Candies, homemade dips, treats. Not just a small basket, we’re talking practically a huge crate full of dozens and dozens of treats! Every thing in the basket was pure heaven, but there were two things I went for first, the cheese dip (which I havn’t had in years because I don’t know the recipe) and the Peanut Mallow clusters. mmmmmm… peanutmallow clusters.

After I moved to TN,  no more goodies for me, so I searched and searched for a good recipe to match those clusters I longed for each winter. And I’ve come close to duplicating hers. Everyone loves them around here. And I hope one day, to delight my neighbors with goodies, like my old neighbor did us.

clusters

Ingredients:

    • 1/2 bag  Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
    • 1 Sqaure Unsweetened Chocolate (chopped)
    • 2 Eggs
    • 1 1/4 C Powdered Sugar
    • 1 TBSP Butter
    • 1 tsp Vanilla
    • 1/2 TBSP Salt
    • 2 C Mini Marshmallows
    • 2 C UNsalted Peanuts

Mix it Up:

Beat the eggs until foamy. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix.

eggs

In a separate bowl melt the chocolate chips and chopped unsweetened chocolate. Then melt the butter. mix the two (it’ll get clumpy.)

Pour the egg mix and chocolate mix together; add salt. Add in peanuts and marshmallows.
Mix it all up until peanuts and marshmallows are covered.

mix

Drop by rounded tablespoonful's onto waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

scoops

ENJOY!

We never keep ours refrigerated. I always wonder how they don’t make you sick with the raw eggs… but Craig eats them by the dozen and he’s never been sick.  Idk. Keep em in the fridge if you want. hah.

bite

# kristanlynn
xoxo