Nov 17, 2011

DIY Bath Salts | Gift in a Jar

diy salts

So, I was at Michael's last week, and happened upon a huge jar of mineral/sea salt, it was cheap so I had to buy it. I knew it would come in handy at some point. It did.  I decided to make a homemade bath soak. Super easy. Super Yummy! Perfect for handmade gift giving!

close

What you need:

    • jar (I used the Ball jelly/jam jars measuring 250ml)
    • mineral and sea salt
    • essential oil (or in my case extract)
    • food coloring
    • small piece of fabric

soak stir

How to make it:

  1. Pour enough salt to fill a jar, or two. (Honestly, I didn’t measure) and add a few drops of essential oil to fabric.
    If you’d like your salt to have color, just add a few drops of food coloring to the fabric before stirring.
  2. Stir the fabric into the salt for a few minutes, making sure to get the salt well coated.

That’s it! Just make sure that the fabric is in dripping wet, you don’t want it to dissolve your salt.

You can use any scent you prefer. I used peppermint, with it being the holiday season, peppermint just seems fitting. Remember though, peppermint is an energizing scent. Have fun with it, add a drop or two of a few different scents to make your own custom scent. Add some burlap, twine and lace. A tag would be nice, but I think most of us now know how to use bath salts, so it’s not a MUST but would add a nice décor element.

 

bath salts

# kristanlynn
xoxo  

bloglovin

This post was sponsored my Little Miss Momma.